19.6.11

Am I crazy?????







So I know I am not alone.  But in 10 days, my family of three will spend 11 days camping.  One of the three is 10 months old.  I am nervous for many reasons.  One, that the noise from the campground will hinder her sleep.  She has such a great schedule right now, I do not want to mess with that.  Two, that she will start having night wakings again, she has slept through the night since 8 months.  Three, that said night wakings will wake people in our campground, thus labeling us as "that family."  Four, that all three of these things will happen and I will go insane.  All this to say, I am nervous . . . BUT I know how great it will be for her to experience a past time that her mommy and daddy love so much.  We got a little baby tent and plan on putting it in the truck, while Michel and I sleep with the dog in the tent.  I think that this will help a bit with my reservations.  
So, anyone out there have any tips????  If so, please please please share!!!!




1 comment:

Ryan & Heather said...

God Bless You Tal!

I don't go camping anymore with anyone under 18 months. But you can do it! I did it back when there were less kids than us adults.

Take a big rubber bin to clean her in. And take more wipes than you could ever dream of using.

A pack n play is a very valuable commodity while camping (don't forget lots of extra sheets). We have used it for naps at the lakeside, playing while preparing meals, and simply keeping the little one clean after you just gave them their third bath that day.

Take warm clothes (and hat) for her to sleep in as any cold nights could completely mess up her sleep.

Don't worry one bit about what other people think about your family!!!! That is good practice for the next two decades, anyway...

That's all I have. Hope you guys have a blast.