13.10.10

A runnin we will go . . .


A few weeks ago, I read a friend's blog and was inspired. I have been a runner for years. I had to stop running around the 6 month mark while pregnant. I have been a bit sparatic with my workouts since Kaydance was born. I do my daily crunches and push-ups, but running has kinda taken a backseat. Part of the reason is because to REALLY get back into it, I need more than an hour between naps to truly get what I need out of a run. Right now, Kaydance is on a 3-4 nap schedule, with an hour wake-time. Thus, my morning running window is in-between her first and second nap. But, with only an hour and needing a couple of good weeks to really get my pace a crackin . . . an hour really is not long enough. But, I always say that running begins with consistency. So that is what we are doing right now. Running to establish routine. We will work on the distance in the future.

Truly, what I would LOVE is a spin bike. I could do that in-doors and help with my endurance and give me a kick-butt workout on the days that running is not possible. To be honest, it would probably take over running altogether. But, a good spin bike costs around $400 on craigslist last I checked. So . . . . running we will go. Stay tuned, I will update you from time to time on this mommy's quest to get this butt back in shape!

Kaydance is pumped and ready to go!!!

2 comments:

Momma got the runs said...

You go girl! You are an awesome athlete and your body remembers that. You are already doing so much more than most moms with a tiny baby! You ROCK! I bought a treadmil because I needed 'no excuses' and to this day have never missed a workout. Keep checking CL, have a yardsale, raise money because frankly your sanity is worth every penny! So proud of your bad self!

Unknown said...

Yes you are right....consistency!! and it will all get better :)

i totally want a spin bike also....if only we lived closer so we can split the cost and share it.