16.8.10

Car repairs and Bridal Showers . . . Yeah!



This weekend, Kaydance, Shelby and I drove to L.A. for Lindsey's bridal shower. While driving to L.A. my car started to make strange noises and loose power. Mind you, it is almost midnight at this point and we are in the middleof the Grapevine. We pulled over to get gas and I prayed that we would make it home without anymore issues. Sure enough, it worked. We made it home without any problems. The next morning, we drove the car to the GMC dealership in West Covina to be looked at. Please note that we were 350 miles away from our warrantee being up. So we thought it imperative to get it in down here instead of waiting until we got back to Fresno.We were following my father when my car lost all power again and the brakes went out. I had to use the e-brake on the 10 fwy, in bumper to bumper traffic and sandwiched between two semi-trucks. Not an ideal situation, but at least my father was with us. We got the car toed to the dealership and were told that the a/c compressor needed to be replaced and that after that, they would take a look at the brakes.

So here we are, 4 days later and we found out that it will be at least 3 more days before we will be able to get the car. Needless to say, it was a crazy experience for myself, let alone my 3 week old daughter.

The reason we came down was for my sister's bridal shower which was amazing. I cried like 12 times and Kaydance was "cooed" over and held by everyone. We had a great time and was able to forget about the car situation for a couple of hours. We are lucky to have a warrantee that will cover the a/c compressor, but the brakes are completely different. Pray that it is a small issue and will not completely deplete our already dwindling savings account. I am all for keeping positive, but seriously, loosing a job, weddings, hospital bills and now this
makes for a very expensive summer and end of this year. Oh and we have only hit the middle of August . . .

No comments: