30.8.10

A trip to Yosemite . . .


A monumental event took place this past Saturday. My husband and I took Kaydance to Yosemite for the first time. It was also the first time I had been on a true hike since Kaydance was born. We took Jamie and her little Kaia as well. Both of us have been so stir crazy, a trip out into the fresh air was in order. The weather this past weekend was truly OUTSTANDING. Everything was perfect and I can't wait to go back.


We picked up Jamie and Kaia at 1:00, after Michel got off of work. We went to Mariposa Grove first, where we hiked around 3 miles. Hiking Mariposa Grove was special to me because that is where I went on Kaydance's due date. It was nice to bring her to this place for her first hike with the family.


After Mariposa Grove, we went to Wawona Hotel and concluded our day in Yosemite at Glacier Point. We found out on the way up to Glacier that it was Jamie's first time up there. This was special to us because one of our favorite things to do is bring people to Yosemite for the first time. All in all it was a wonderful day. We were able to introduce Kaydance to an activity that will become a huge part of her little life. She rode the BOB like a champ and never fussed. I am looking forward to our many trips to come with our little Kaydance. What a blessing it will be to all of us.


No comments: