20.6.10

Life Changes . . . We Move Forward



Olmstead Point, Yosemite National Park . . . 9 months pregnant


WOW! It has been a while. With school ending and major changes occurring, it left little room for blogging. The first of many changes and probably the largest, is as of May 29th, I was no longer employed. The school I had been working for had to make some major changes financially in order to survive the current economic conditions. We knew that unless some major changes had occurred, the lay-offs would begin. As a staff, we decided to wait until the very end of school to find out rather or not lay-offs would be needed. Many donations were given to the school, but in the end, it was not enough to save some from being let go. I was one of those that were chosen and it has been nothing short of a roller-coaster of emotions since.

I know that God has a plan for our lives. It is hard to understand why it will not include being a teacher at a school that I love and believe in. I know that in January, when I need to have found another job, God is going to give us a job that meets these three things. The first, it will be a job that I believe in, not something that will just bring in money. The second, a job that is close, as Kaydance will be 6 months old by then and I would like to be close to her. The third, a job that provides insurance for our daughter and ourselves. I know that our God loves to answer the cries of our hearts and that this is nothing new for Him. Trusting, believing and having FAITH, is our job and daily, I find myself checking my heart, making sure that I am not wavering.

The other "large" life changing event, is I am currently nine months pregnant and we eagerly await our daughter, Kaydance's, arrival. We pass her room every morning and find ourselves imagining what a month of time will bring. I believe that things that seemed so large, will dwindle in comparison to our new roles as parents. Many have said that loosing my job, could very well be a blessing in disguise. Through the loss of my job, I have already received one precious gift. I will be able to stay home three months longer than we had originally planned. Instead of having to return to work in October, I now am able to stay at home until January. What a blessing it will be to have those three extra months.

9 months pregnant in Mammoth Lakes, California

I ask that those of you that read this, be in prayer and agreement that the right job will come at precisely the right time. Also, pray for both Michel and I as we step into this new phase of our lives, trusting and applying the principles of Faith, will be essential in this process.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe that this is truly a blessing in disquise from God....as we have talked about this before, working in an enviroment that you believe in is key....I know that a job will come at the perfect time, I have FAITH :) Love you

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying! God always has a plan and it is ALWAYS better than any plan we can make for ourselves. love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for you guys! God always has a plan and his plan is ALWAYS better than any plan we can make for ourselves! Love you guys!