27.8.12

Choices . . .

It is interesting how when you think you have it all figured out, life happens.  I have been contemplating this reality over the past few days.  Before I went back to work, I attended a weekly Bible study.  One of the lovely ladies talked about how she decided that she could never really make plans.  When she did, that was usually about the time that God would come in and rip the carpet out from under her.  Now, I will stop now to say that by no means do I believe God to be vindictive or some kind of heavenly bully.  I just think that we sometimes forget who really is in charge of our lives and in order for us to wake up and remember, He has to take some drastic measures.  Or, He just reserves that kind of dramatic intervention for people like me. People who seem to white knuckle control on life.  All in all, it is a lesson that I feel like I am constantly re-learning.

 This Sunday the message included Jeremiah 29:11.  I have always loved that verse.  So comforting and instills a sense of "contentment" in knowing that He has it all together.  While listening to it, I begun to get the feeling that life as we currently know it, might change a bit.  Work has begun, Kaydance is doing great, Michel has started another school year with his youth group . . . all seems normal.  But, the feeling still looms.  Today I feel it so thick, at times I wonder if it might suffocate me.

I walked into work today thinking it was just another Monday and left with a decision to make.  I would not necessarily label it "LIFE ALTERING."  But still, I feel like it could cause ripples in our lives.  Is this the big moment?  I am unsure. What I do know is that prayer for the three of us would be great.  Prayer that includes us remembering who is really in charge.  Prayer that includes peace and wisdom to make the correct decisions . . . 

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

2 comments:

theFotoZoo said...

I so enjoy hearing what you and your family are doing! Your daughter has grown so much and is a beautiful girl. Please know Matt & I will be praying for you. -Vanessa Markarian

Ryan & Heather said...

You have my prayers, Tal. I seriously NEED that verse. It has been in my head the last few months as we have been in some exhausting, rough waters. Keep your priorities eternally focused, pray together, and make the wisest choice. That's all I have. I'll be praying for you three.