17.8.12

POOP

It seems to be taking over my life.  I think my kid is saying in constantly, I dream about it, I feel like we are constantly smelling it.  When we are not cleaning up an accident, I am stressing about when the next when will occur.  Seriously peeps, I am loosing it.

Yes, you guessed it, we have been potty training.  We have been pretty successful too I might add.  She pees splendidly in the potty almost 100% of the time.  We just use panties, only pull ups for naps and night time.  For two weeks, I thought we got lucky.  But this third week has really begun to make me question my teaching abilities.  For those of you that do not know, I am a teacher.  So not only am I dealing with motherhood insecurities, I am now dealing with some professional scrutiny.  Who knew that a cute little two year old could cause such a ruckus.

POOP . . . she just can't seem to get it in the potty.  She poops in her panties almost 100% of the time.  I am not sure what to do differently.  I know she is on the young end of the spectrum for potty training.  She has yet to have an entire month of being two under her belt.  I get that it will all come with practice.  But let me tell you, I am so DONE.  Anyone out there with tips, please send them my direction.

All I can do is try to keep patient and weather the storm.  And this beauty helps me do that.


2 comments:

Lauren Jones said...

I don't know what to tell you......our poop issue was that Micah was freaked out about pooping in the toilet. She would hold it until nap time or night time so that she could poop in her pull-up. It took a couple of weeks for her to actually poop in the potty, and she was pretty freaked out, but then got over it. Wish I could tell you what kind of magic wand to wave, but I will say I don't envy you! At least our little rascal waited to poop in the pull-ups. Sorry about your distress!!!

Tami said...

Someone once told me, "When they're ready, it'll be easy." I didn't start training my oldest until she was almost 3, and it was like the easiest thing ever. THEN came my 2nd child, and I started training HER right when she turned 2 (mostly because my friend was training her 2 year old at the same time, and I didn't want to be shown up!) For MY daughter, 2 years old was too young ... at least for the pooping part of it. That stinker pooped in her panties until she was 3 years old!!! And then she was done. I swear, overnight she was "cured" and never pooped in her pants again. Before that I had offered rewards, I threatened to throw her favorite princess panties away (because how gross is it to wash those everyday?!?!), but nothing worked until SHE was ready. Hopefully Kaydance will decide she's ready a LOT sooner!! That was one of the worst years of my LIFE. Seriously. Saying a prayer for you!