22.3.11

Confession

I am not doing my 40 today.  Read below, I wrote this to a friend today.  This will explain my reasons for be a slacker face.  I am going to sleep now,


Well last night was a disaster and I am sure I did everything wrong.  My child couldn't breathe because of all the  snot.  So she slept on her own from 6 until 9.  She woke in a start, screaming.  I went in and it was clear she could not breathe and this was why she woke.  So I cleared out her nose, this pissed her off, so I then nursed her and she ate like nobodies business.  I felt so sorry for her because she was obviously hungry, but was having difficulties because of her breathing issue.  She took an hour or so to go to sleep and I could not go to sleep because I was too busy listening to her cough and struggle with the snot in her sleep.  At 3 she woke again, I nursed again and once again she ate like nobodies business.  Once again, had difficulties falling asleep.  At 5, I went to her because she was upset and brought her out on the bean bag so she could sleep head up.  I was hoping the mucus would drain a bit.  She slept there, waking on occasion from 5 until 7:30. Every time I tried to dose off, she would stir violently and it would require me to rock and soothe her back to sleep. I think she might of gotten a total of 7 hours or so of sleep.  She normally gets 14 or so a night.  Poor thing . . .


Sick Baby = 3 hours of sleep = no 40 :(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your 40 min can be sleep! YAY you are still doing your 40!!! exercise your brain (get it? your dreams)

Tami said...

Oh, I so remember nights like that. Hope you're able to catch up on some z's tonight and that Kaydance feels better SOON.

Ryan & Heather said...

Been there Tal...I find the extra dark hours awake are good for praying. Rest well today! Hope she feels better soon.