28.3.11

Day 18 - TRIPLE THREAT SUNDAY!

So Sunday I thought I would make up some minutes lost over the week due to the storm, scheduling conflicts and just pure mayhem and did AB RIPPER X from P90X, ran 2.5 miles and built a trench and hauled trees (did this for 30ish minutes).  It felt good to be so active.  It was finally feeling like Spring outside and I had to go take advantage of it.

My abs hurt like non other afterwards.  I have not done that particular ab workout since before i was pregnant with Kaydance.  I used to be pretty good at it.  This time, I huffed and puffed the entire time.  The one thing I found most interesting about the workout, was that the ab exercises that used to kick my butt, did not hurt at all.  The ones that did hurt, were impossible to do and just left me plain worn out, used to be the easiest ones for me.  To say the pregnancy does not move things around is just erroneous.

My run was outstanding because I got to do it alone.  I only had about 30 minutes of sitter time, so I had to settle for 2.5 miles only, but it felt great non-the-less. While coming back from the run, I noticed some standing water near our house that needed to be drained.  So, left the baby with daddy while he worked on a deadline and off I went with a shovel.  The water now has a great drain, my hands have blisters and my grandpa would be so proud of me.

No comments: