24.3.11

Days 14 and 15

It is snowing/raining/cold here right now.  So P90X and the gym are my two friends.  I did KempoX yesterday.  All I can say is, "Tony Horton, I love you, hate you, love you, hate you . . . ."  Today I ran at the gym.  I did 3 miles and then had to go home to take care of Kaydance while daddy went to work.  Tomorrow, Tony and I will meet again.

So we hit the two week mark.  If not every last muscle on my body was not screaming in agony, begging me to stop, I would go so far to say, I am not even sure it has done much good. Yes, yes, I do believe there has been some visible change.  However, the scale has not dropped ONE DAG GUM POUND!!!!  What the crim-it-netly!!!!!  Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!?  I like to tell myself that it is because I am gaining muscle and loosing fat, but I find that as comforting as a wet blanket in the middle of a snow storm.

Never fear, I will continue.  Partly due to my stubborn, By God I will conquer, attitude.  The other part you can blame on my grandmother.  I can still hear her now, "Talitha, once you sign up for something, you had best see it through."  Well Betty Lee, here's to you . . . .

3 comments:

Corrina said...

Be patient!! Our bodies don't like to give up much when we are nourishing babes :) I did the 30 day Shred for 30 days straight (I think I missed only 1 or 2 days) and didn't lose an ounce when my youngest was 5 months old. I lost inches, but no weight. Killed me!

liltleli said...

Beana . . . I guess it probably does not help that I just had a momentary lapse of good judgement and indulged in some Dryers . . . Yum!

Momma got the runs said...

Weight loss is purely a numbers game- you need to maintain a 500 calorie deficit a day to lose a pound a week (-3,500). And its a pain in the butt. But as I can tell you from experience 3 miles=300 calories and that is one cup, one stinking cup, of icecream. UGH.
Workout for health, for stress relief and to tone and to maintain your weight. But to lose weight....well you know the drill. And it sucks.
BUT-You look fantastic and beautiful and so, so glowy happy--you go on with your icecream AND your P90x--its workin' for for you! You are a knockout!