24.3.10

because I CAN!!!!




I think that every pregnant woman gets some sort of flack from people. I have heard, "are you actually eating?" "Your really going to go for a run?" The latest that I have received is "You're wearing heels? Are you crazy?! Is that ok for the baby?" All I can say is, "Seriously, you are asking that question?"

Why does everyone believe that if you are doing something, looking a certain way or acting in a non-pregnant norm sort of way, you are OBVIOUSLY hurting the baby, or not being a good "host?" If I were one to be sensitive towards these type of comments, I would definitely be suffering from some sort of emotional trauma by now.

In the past, women covered their bellies, didn't do any unnecessary exercise, wear any inappropriate footwear and ate whatever they wanted. I am here to say, Yes I will run as long as I can, I will NOT eat whatever my heart desires and by God, YES, I will wear heels! These would be preferred of course . . . ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen Sista! (literally lol) You can do whatever you want, you are healthy and in great shape so it's not as hard for you to get up and do exercise or wear heels becuase you don't have a lot of weight on you. I love this and love that you posted pics that are my 2 favorite things. Running and Christian Louboutins! :)

liltleli said...

Lindsey - I know right? If you could just add a glass of wine in all of that, we would have the perfect trifecta!

Denise said...

your awesome. when it comes to pregnancy, i say accessorize! those heels will help draw the eye away from the belly.
and

but good luck wearing heals after baby comes. you may have to bronze them and place them on the shelf next to baby's first shoes. :-)

Ryan & Heather said...

Tal,
we are so glad you sent us something about your blog. It cracks me up everytime! Go for the heels. I have been wearing them a lot this 5th time around (due in three weeks). I can't believe the comments you are getting! God is making you a mom, not a frumpy couch potatoe for goodness sakes!

We are very excited for you guys!
Heather