1.3.10

You know your a teacher when . . .



. . . . you plan to incorporate your gender ultrasound as a math lesson on ratios and percentages. Tomorrow we have our gender ultrasound and I have been collecting data (predictions) from my family, staff and kids for the past two days. Seriously, I have yet to really assess my intentions . . . am I just crazy excited about finally getting to know? Or, am I pulling my poor students in on a mixture of my own excitement and required material to cover. Either way, the kids will know how to make pie charts and graphs when the lesson is finished, so it shouldn't really matter, right?

We have our appointment at 2:40 where I have to drink 32 oz. of water in the hour before and not only hold it long enough to get into my appointment, but then hold it throughout the crazy long ultrasound. Not looking forward to that at all. Especially considering that my doctor likes to run late. I think I will actually drink all the water in the waiting room while waiting for my appointment. This MIGHT alleviate the impending pain of holding that much water in my bladder for an absurd amount of time while a doctor pushed on my bladder for an hour.

Expect an annoucement of some sort later this week. I also will try to post some of my kiddos graphs and charts. Really, I am WAY to excited about this lesson!

21 weeks pregnant:

4 comments:

~the call of the Collings'~ said...

I see it!! Even though wearing black doesn't help...I DO see the "bump"! Way to go mama! xoxo

liltleli said...

Ir was the red velvet cupcake that I ate on Friday that pushed it out!

~the call of the Collings'~ said...

OH!! hahaha I can make ya a whole batch if you want/need!!

lauren & aaron said...

drinking the water is the worst part! I waited to finish my until half hour before but I got in trouble for not having enough in there!! she was nice though and let me go to the bathroom twice in the middle of the ultrasound. :) good luck! we're excited to find out!!